Children are exposed to gadgets and computers from a very young age. While some times this happens for entertainment, sometimes there is a need to be on the computer for assignments and projects. And for this, many children do manage to complete their task with some basic knowledge of computers. However, there is a need to learn basic things like typing which can not only fasten their work, but also avoid the unnecessary stress on their hands and fingers.
Need to learn typing skills
While it sounds very simple to learn typing skills, there are other developments that a child has as he learns this. Here are some reasons and the need to learn typing skills:
- By knowing the blind touch to the keys, he is able to concentrate on writing rather worrying about searching for keys.
- It also develops their reading and spelling skills.
- Positioning their hands and fingers properly avoids unnecessary stress and hence avoid any strain in hands.
- While learning to blind touch the keyboard keys, kids are using their muscle memory which helps them in converting their ideas into language and writing with no interruption to thoughts.
- Learning typing skills at an early age also helps them in higher grades when they have huge projects and assignments to complete.
- It also helps those kids with dyslexia, dyspraxia and dysgraphia to complete their task on the computer thereby avoiding the hassle of writing.
Ways available to learn:
Learning typing skills is a boring thing for many kids. With the changes in education industry, where things are getting more and more fun ways to teach kids, it is definitely the most accepted and is proved to be the fastest way in which kids learn. While there are many websites online that teach typing skills, choosing one that is fun, interactive and an easy way to learn is the best thing a parent can do.
One such way is to learn through kidstyping.org. With dance mat typing, where special attention is given to make typing fun, it is sure to your child’s favorite too. With 4 levels and 3 stages in each, each level is different and gets difficult as the child moves ahead. Starting with the level 1, where kids the learning concept is introduced to them through colorful animals which prompt them on position their hands and fingers and teach typing skills, it is a definite way to get the kids to learn quickly. Each of these animals come from different parts of the world, the kids get exposed to knowledge from the comfort of their chair. With songs and directions from these animals, kids will be able to complete the stages very easily. With each level, there are new settings and teaches the kids to tackle different concepts and aspects of the keyboard. It is sure a fun and engaging way of learning that keeps them getting back every day to learn more.
Conclusion: Learning typing skills is usually a boring task. While this is made interesting and fun for kids with the introduction of dance mat typing, the kids are sure to learn the typing skills very easily. With no signup/login required, kidstyping.org is a free website for kids to learn typing.